Eid al-Adha 2017 : The Feast Of Sacrifice
Eid al-Adha 2017 is celebrated on 1st sepetember 2017. The phrasing Eid al-Adha translates as the “festival of the sacrifice” and is also known as the terrific Eid. It (Eid al-Adha 2017) is a holy time of sacrifice and heart to friends, family and the needy.
Muslims honour the Eid al-Adha 2017 as the time Ibrahim was about to sacrifice his son but was told by God to kill an animal alternative. The celebrations symbolise Ibrahim’s love to Allah and they mark the end of the Hajj, the annual Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca which thousands of Muslims all over the world embark on.
WHAT DOES EID AL-ADHA COMMEMORATE?
During the Hajj, Muslims remember and remember the trials and celebration of the Prophet Abraham.
“Surely Abraham was an example, devoted to Allah, by nature upright, and he was not of the polytheists. He was grateful for Our gift. We chose him and advice him unto a right path. We gave him good in this world, and in the next he will most surely be among the spiritual.”
One of Abraham’s main trials was to face the command of Allah to kill his only son. Upon hearing this command, he prepared to submit to Allah’s will. When he was all prepare to do it, Allah announce to him that his “sacrifice” had already been fulfill. He had shown that his deep affection for his Lord superseded all others, that he would lay down his own life or the lives of those dear to him in order to submit to God.
When It Is Performed ?
The Eid al-Adha 2017 prayer is perform any time after the sun perfectly rises up to just before the entering of Zuhr time, on the 10th of Dhu al-Hijjah. In the event of a force majeure (e.g. natural disaster), the prayer may be late to the 11th of Dhu al-Hijjah and then to the 12th of Dhu al-Hijjah.
According to Islamic heritage, the valley of Mecca (in present-day Saudi Arabia) was a dry, rocky, and uninhabited place. God advised Abraham to bring Hagar(Hājar), his Arabian (Adnan) wife, and Ishmael to Arabia from the nation of Canaan.
As Abraham was preparing for his return trip back to Canaan, Hagar ask him, “Did God order you to leave us here? Or are you leaving us here to die?” Abraham did not even look back. He just approve, afraid that he would be too sad and that he would disobey God. Hagar said, “Then God will not destruction us; you can go”. Though Abraham had left a large variety of food and water with Hagar and Ishmael, the supplies immediately ran out, and within a few days the two began to feeling the pangs of hunger and lack.
Hagar ran up and down between two hills, al-Safa and Al-Marwah, seven times, in her determine quest for water. disable, she finally exhaust beside her baby Ishmael and pray to God for deliverance. Well, a spring of water spring forth from the earth at the feet of baby Ishmael. Other accounts have the angel Jibra’il, mark the earth and generate the spring to flow in abundance. With this secure water supply, known as the Zamzam Well, they were not only able to contribute for their own needs, but were also able to trade water with passing pilgrim for food and supplies.
WHY DO MUSLIMS SACRIFICE AN ANIMAL ON THIS DAY?
During the celebration of Eid al-Adha, Muslims remember Abraham’s trials, by themselves murdering an animal such as a sheep, camel, or goat.
Allah has given us power over animals and confess us to eat meat, but only if we speak His name at the solemn act of taking life. Muslims murder animals in the same way throughout the year. By saying the name of Allah at the time of murder, we are reminded that life is sacred.
WHAT ELSE DO MUSLIMS DO TO CELEBRATE THE HOLIDAY?
On the first morning of Eid al-Adha 2017, Muslims around the world appear morning prayers at their local mosques. Prayers are replace by visits with family and friends, and the exchange of greetings and gifts. At some point, members of the family will visit a local farm or otherwise will make preparation for the murder of an animal. The meat is distributed during the days of the holiday or shortly thereafter.
How to terrific Eid Celebrated?
On the begin morning of Eid al-Adha 2017, Muslims will attend morning prayers at local mosques – often embarking on a different route back home, as this is following the example of the Prophet Muhammad.
As it’s a observing festival, men and women will also dress up for the occasion, often wearing new outfits, or their best clothes.
It’s tradition to present and be gifted new clothes during Eid al-Adha 2017, families and friends will also gather together to exchange gifts, money and eat traditional food.
Sacrifice is also part of the heritage – in some countries, Muslim families buy, keep and murder their own animal, anyone the UK wishing to sacrifice an animal has to do so humanely. Islamic rules also state that the animal must be an adult and in good health.
Traditions of Eid Al Adha
Eid al-Adha 2017 concludes the tour to Mecca. Eid al-Adha 2017 lasts for three days and remember Ibrahim’s (Abraham) willingness to obey God by sacrificing his son.
The same story appears in the Bible and is familiar to Jews and Christians. One key difference is that Muslims believe the son was Ishmael rather than Isaac as told in the Old Testament.
According to the Quran, Ibrahim was about to sacrifice his son when a voice from heaven stopped him and allowed him to make something else as a ‘great sacrifice’. In the Old Testament, it is a ram that is sacrifice instead of the son.
In Islam, Ishmael is regarded as a prophet and an ancestor of Muhammad.
During the feast of Eid al-Adha 2017, Muslims re-enact Ibrahim’s obedience by sacrificing a cow or ram. The family will eat about a third of the meal a third goes to friends and relatives, and the remaining third is donate to the poor and needy.
The giving of charity in the form of money, food or clothes to the homeless or poor is another key tradtion of Eid al-Adha 2017.
Why do the dates of Eid al-Adha change each year?
The Islamic calendar is different from the most of-used Gregorian calendar.
It is based on the moon’s cycle, whereas the Gregorian one is resolve by the sun.
As the two don’t adjust, the Islamic dates move back by 11 days each year.
The day is set when a new moon is molecule– but there is little agreement within the faith about whether the moon must be spot with the naked eye or if it should be seen in the country where the celebrations are exist.
How to Celebrated Eid-al-Adha 2017 ?
The celebrations of Eid al-Adha 2017 begin after the Hajj is ending. The 10th day of the month of Dhul Hijjah is extensive as the first day of Eid al-Adha 2017. This day is celebrate with great feeling, distinction and gravity across the globe. On this morning, Muslims dress in their best and new clothes and move out to offer prayers in different mosques. After offering prayers, people transfer greetings with one another by grab and wishing Eid Mubarak (Eid al-Adha 2017).
They, then, begin their day with eating breakfast, which generally starts off with a sweet arrangement, mainly Sheer Kurma or Sevaiyan. Soon after completing breakfast, it is time for sacrifice of private animals. Only animals that have been deem Halal or confess for sacrifice are murder. Such exclusive animals include goat, sheep, lamb, ram, camel, cow, buffalo, and others. While most people buy them well in leading and take good care, others promote purchasing the animal at the time of murdering. The murdering can be carry out from the morning of the 10th day to just after afternoon on the 12th day.
The meat of the animal so murder is divide into three equal part. While the first part is exhaust by the family, the other two parts are share among neighbors and friends, family members and poor people. While distributing the meat of the murdered animal, people greet one another and spread on elegant and delicious delicacies prepared on this day. The festival gives one an freedom to meet near and dear ones and get closer. Special collect and parties are coordinate on this special season. Also, a number of expedition and picnics are especially plan during these three days. Muslims across the world indulge in extensive joy and happiness through celebrating this festival.
Eid al Adha 2017 around the world
In Pakistan, the holiday is known as (Eid al-Adha 2017) and will be perform over several days.
The date of Eid al-Adha 2017 is set by the essential Ruet-e-Hilal Committee who meet to decide the sighting of the Zul Hajjah moon.
In the Philippines, Eid al-Adha 2017 has been a public holiday since 2002. The date is set by a publication each year, usually issue a week or so before the date.
In Turkey, the feast is known as Kurban Bayramı and is the most important spiritoul festival of the year and is a four day holiday.
In India, the festival (Eid al-Adha 2017) is known as Bakrid, as ‘Goat’ is ‘Bakr’ in Urdu.
Eid al-Adha Facts
- Unlike regular prayers, prayers for Eid al-Adha 2017 takes place in any great, open field. There Muslims from many mosques together. Usually, mosques participate together to find a field that is acceptable for everyone to go to. In the United States, Eid prayers often occur in parks.
- Festivities begin with a prayer service, followed by a deeply sermon on the morning of the first day. During the prayer, Muslims deliver verses from the Quran, lead by an Imam, prostrate to God, and send their peace to Muhammad and Abraham.
- Since this festival occurs immediately after the Day of Arafah, many of those who go to pilgrimage celebrate it in Mina (Saudi Arabia), where thousands of animals are murder for sacrifice.
- It is accept for Muslims perform a ritual body washing shower, called “ghusl,” before walking to the place of prayers. This is in accordance with the tradition of the Prophet Muhammad.
- Often, a greater party is thrown by Muslims on one of the three days of Eid al-Adha. Meat from murder animals is serve.
- It is customary for Muslim men who have lost loved ones visit graveyards on Eid al-Adha.
- It is Islamic heritage to wear your most beautiful clothes on the first day of Eid al-Adha 2017. A few days before Eid al-Adha, Muslims store for their new Eid clothes. Dealer in Islamic countries often hold their biggest sales before Eid al-Adha.
The rituals of Bakrid (Eid al-Adha 2017)
Bakrid (Eid al-Adha 2017) is celebrate with lot of function all over the country. It is especially recognize in the city of Hyderabad. The act of the festival are as follows:
- The day begins with Muslims dressing up in new costume and visiting the mosque. There, they perform dua or prayers for peace and benefit of all.
- Takbir is recite before and after the worship.
- Sacrifice is the most important appearance of Bakrid (Eid al-Adha 2017). Animals like goat, sheep, cow and camel are sacrifice. The animals must meet certain standards of evolution and the sacrifice is drifting out in accordance with the religious laws.
- Wealthy families are conventional to provide one animal for sacrifice while if the family is poor, seven or seventy families can devote to sacrifice one animal. Two thirds of the meat is distribute to the poor and one third is save by the family for consumptions.
- After the prayers, contribute are given to the poor.
- People visit with each other and change greetings of Id Mubarak (Eid al-Adha 2017). They stay houses of friends and relatives to celebrate Id.
- Festival are prepare throughout the day. Everybody is made a part of the festivities. Special delicacies are prepared to celebrate Bakrid (Eid al-Adha 2017). In addition, gifts are also change.
Why should one make Qurbani ?
According to Tirmizi Shareef and Sunan Ibn Majah, Sayyidah Ayesha (radi Allahu anha) certain that Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) said, “The son of Adam does not do any action on the day of Qurbani which is more attractive to Allah than the sacrifice of animals; and he will come on the day of Qiyamah with it’s hairs, horns and foot(for reward); and the blood (of the sacrificed animal) exactly reaches Allah before it falls down to the landscape. So make yourselves clean therewith.”
In another Hadith related in Sunan Ibn Majah, Zaid bin Arqam reported that the associate of Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) ask, “Oh! Messenger of Allah, what is this sacrifice?” He said, “The way of your forefather (Prophet) Ibrahim (alaihis salaam).” They said, “What is for us therein, O! agent of Allah?” He say, “There is one reward for every hair.” They say, “For wool, O! Messenger of Allah?” He said, “There is one honor for every strand of wool!”
What animals must be used for Qurbani?
- Only the following animals may be sacrifice for Qurbani:-
(a) Goat and Sheep with a minimal of 1 year each.
(b) Cattle with a minimal of 2 years.
(c) Camels with a minimal of 5 years.2. Each goat or sheep satisfy for Qurbani for one Muslim male or female; whereas each head of cattle or camel could represent the Qurbani for seven Muslim males and females, provided that:-
(a) All seven member have uniformity in Niyyah (i.e. either Qurbani or Aqeeqah).
(b) All seven have an equal share, nobody is to have a larger part than another even at the time of the share of the meat.
3. It is permit for less than seven people to have shares in a camel or a head of cattle for Qurbani; but not permitted for more than 7 people to do so.
What type of defective animals are to be avoided?
The animals for Qurbani in the Name of absolute Allah shall be in prime condition of health and free from defects. The following fault in animals disqualifies them from being use for Qurbani:-
1. Animals without ears or more than one third of the ear is fault, partially blind (one third or more), or totally blind animals. In this festival animals with horns broken from the root. That have most or all their teeth removed ; animals which have limbs cracked or used three legs to walk; animals with a third or more or their tail cut off.
2. Sick and wasted animals that lack the ability to move or walk.